When buying our locally grown seasonal bouquets you are supporting the environment on many levels.
Just like food crops, the flower industry has a massive impact on the global environment. Locally grown flowers have:
- No air miles and a low carbon footprint.
- Fewer to no pesticides or chemical preservatives
- Increased biodiversity = a happier ecosystem
- Food for bees and other pollinators
Some added benefits to locally grown flowers:
- You get fresher flowers, often picked within hours of purchase. Commercial flowers are often harvested a week before they even reach the customer.
- Your hard earned money stays in your community
- Wider choice of flowers on offer -blooms that don’t like being shipped are available from local flower farms
- Growing with the seasons means ever changing bouquets
- Each flower farm grows different types flowers.